Effective Date: July 1, 2019
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that may be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with PII. We collect the following types of PII:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Reach.dog.
- Relationship information that helps us to understand who you are and your use of the Service. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; location information related to your state, city, or neighborhood; the types of businesses or products that interest you; information collected from social media interactions; and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction information about how you interact with the Service; other information about how you use our Service, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with the Service.
- Location information to help us connect you with businesses nearby, if you activated our Service on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. If you access our Site or use the Service through use of an application you acquired from the Apple App Store, we do not collect any PII, except anonymous location data after you grant us permission to collect such data. Please see the section under the heading “mobile” for more information on the types of PII Reach.dog may collect from the Service operating on a mobile device.
2. How Reach.dog Collects PII
We may ask you for PII when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Service or contact Reach.dog. For example, you may be required to provide us with contact information or relationship information in order to register for the Service.
We also collect transaction information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device, or other third party method of communication to interact with Reach.dog or the Service, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of PII related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you use the Service on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect PII from your mobile device, whether or not you are logged on the Service.
From time to time, we may obtain additional PII from third parties. For example, we may collect PII from third parties to enhance other information we have about you, to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Service we provide.
3. How Reach.dog Uses PII
Reach.dog uses PII to:
- Operate and improve the Service;
- Provide users with information regarding products and services, or other benefits, from participating businesses, based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain products or services;
- Provide card-linked offers;
- Evaluate the types of products or services that may interest users;
- Track interest in certain businesses and perform other analytics;
- Provide user support, including to businesses or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for the Service;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Reach.dog and our Service, such as news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Service, third party sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, income range, gender, and interests;
- Allow you to sign up for special offers from third parties through the Service; and
- Carry out other purposes disclosed to you and to which you consent.
4. When and Why Reach.dog Discloses PII
We may share your PII as the law requires or permits as described below:
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies Reach.dog owns or controls), who may only use PII for the purposes described in section 3 above;
- With our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in section 3, such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, and facilitating card-linked offers. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect PII and are only allowed to use PII in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them;
- Reach.dog’s business partners or advertisers, or others provided by or in conjunction with Reach.dog and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Reach.dog from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Reach.dog business partner, we may provide that business partner with contact information and transactional information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Reach.dog and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose PII to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Reach.dog is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your PII, as well as any choices you may have regarding your PII; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
We may also disclose information about you that is not PII. For example, we may provide third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
6. Your Choices
You benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you. However, you can limit the information you provide to us, and you may limit the communications we send to you.
If you want to opt out of receiving offers directly from Reach.dog or those entities with which we do business, you may follow the opt out instructions in the emails you receive from them.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about available cookie and other privacy and security settings. Please note should you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of the Service.
If you access the Service through a mobile device or a mobile browser, you may manage how your PII is shared with Reach.dog. The PII collected by the Service via a mobile device may include: (i) periodic collection of your location and time of day; (ii) names of other applications on your mobile device and, if you use an Android-based mobile device, how you use them (e.g., frequency and duration of use); (iii) if you use an Android-based mobile device, the URL addresses of the webpages you access; (iv) information about your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, and other similar information); and (v) information about your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content. If you access our Site or use the Service through use of an application you acquired from the Apple App Store, however, we do not collect any PII, except anonymous location data after you grant us permission to collect such data.
Connecting through Social Networks
7. Accessing and Correcting PII
Keeping PII about you current helps ensure we offer you information from businesses you frequent or want to try. You can do several things to help keep PII about you current. You can access, update and delete your contact information and other information you provided to us.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other personal information we hold regarding you, please contact us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Service, or for purposes of meeting other legal requirements. If you want to cancel your account or request we no longer use your information to provide you Service, contact us. In response, we will cancel or remove your information, but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Security of PII
Reach.dog follows generally accepted industry standards to protect PII. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent secure. For this reason, there is no guarantee PII may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the U.S.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
13. Children’s Privacy
Reach.dog does not intend any portion of the Service will be accessed or used by children under the age of eighteen, and prohibits such use. The Service is designed and intended for adults. By using the Service, you represent you are at least eighteen years old and understand you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account. We will promptly delete information associated with any account for which we learn the registered user of the account is not at least eighteen years old.
14. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of PII companies with whom they have an established business relationship shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides companies must inform consumers about the categories of PII shared with third parties, names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Reach.dog pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to email@example.com, or by writing us at the following address:
Please allow 30 days for a response.